Ultimately, God is the one who holds are destiny. However, he uses certain people in our lives whose moments of influence changes our destiny. I have often talked about the mentors who have effected my life in a long-term relationship, but there are other people who may have played a shorter role, but they still changed my destiny through their influence.
– My Young Life director, who gently corrected my “graceless” theology over breakfast, Thank you, Richard Black.
– My high school teammate, who told his coach about me . . . which lead to a scholarship at a Christian college. Thankyou, Bubba.
– My favorite professor in college, who exposed me to tons of new authors that re-defined my faith. Thank you, Dr. Fine.
– A lady who didn’t know me, but after prayer encouraged her church’s leaders to consider me in their pastoral search. She now works for me, and is a good friend! Thank you, Penny Cowart.
– A college professor who challenged me to pursue my master’s degree, and now will be teaching me next year at Southeastern University. Thank you, Dr. Charles Gaulden.
The list could go on. But my list isn’t important. What is your list? Take time to reflect on who God has used to change your destiny. If you want to share part of your list with me and other readers, feel free to comment.