Father’s Day is an easy day to verbally beat up all Dads for the sins of the weak ones. I want to take another angle – I think in many ways (not all ways) contemporary fathers have improved on their predecessors. Many sociologist have concluded that the reason today’s young adult children are not leaving home in their twenties and thirties is a result of their bond with their parents. They don’t want to leave, and their parents don’t want to see them go.
Here are positives things I am seeing in today’s father’s:
– A passion to spend time with their children
– High participation in their child’s activities
– Appropriate verbal and physical affection toward the child
– An affirmation of their child’s natural talents and interests
– Shared hobbies and expeiences
Try to encourage a father this week!