Our quest for knowledge creates a hunger to learn. There are some things that I just don’t want to know about. These include, but are not limited to:
– How unsanitary the community pool really is. It get’s browner the longer the summer drags on.
– What my first crush looks like 25 years later
– How wireless internet works . . . this still amazes me
– What is really in a hot dog . . . I have a general idea, but beyond that, don’t tell me
– The personal life of pro-athletes . . . I agree with Barkley that they “are not role models.”
Ignorance is bliss!
What’s on your list?
2 thoughts on “Stuff I Don’t Want To Know”
First, I’d like to say that I just found your blog today and I am now hooked!
On your first crush 25 years later…you are right on with that one. Unfortunately for me, I had the opportunity to see my first crush, at least a picture of him, recently. I really wished I hadn’t…the perfect picture I had in my mind from highschool has been erased.
My list of things I don’t want to know? In no particular order:
– How many girlfriends my husband had before we met
– If I swallowed any spiders in my sleep (you know they crawl all over the place at night…)
– What, besides tomatoes, falls into the vat they use to make ketchup
– What could be in the tiny fibers of the carpet at my office (the cleaning crew does not vaccum – numerous tests have been conducted to prove this)
– What goes through a person’s mind when he/she thinks they are better than another (I am actually curious on this one but I know I am better off NOT knowing…)
In response to Previn – I had never really thought of this before…makes me rethink bathtime for the kids!
The pool thing gets me too. What’s worse is a community hot tub. I got rash infection from one in Florida once. And I’ve read stories from people that clean them giving lists of things they find in the filters… bugs, rats, condoms, fingernails, band-aids, tampons… just to name a few off the top of my head. I’m sure the pool is the same way. And that’s just gross.
As for me, I really don’t want to know what the inside of my shower drain looks like. I mean, if I have to scrub the shower weekly to keep it clean, what kind of nasty stays in the pipes right below the drain? And on that note, I question why my shower gets dirty in the first place. I pretty much stay a very clean person, you know, I’m not the mud wrestling type. Yet by the end of the week, after soapy water splashing all over it, the shower still needs a scrub down. Then that makes me wonder what’s in the air that apparently gets me so filthy, or worse yet, what’s in the water keeping me from getting clean? Yuck!