This has been a great year of learning for me as I have been working on my master’s degree. I have avoided conferences this year because of this focus, but I couldn’t resist registering for a unique leadership event called Spur Leadership. My friend Mac Richard is hosting his second annual Spur Leadership Conference on October 1-2 in Austin, TX.
The line up for this is unique, creative and diverse.
- Gov. Rick Perry, the current governor of Texas;
- Gen. Tommy Franks, the Commander-in-Chief who led both the Afghanistan and Iraq campaigns;
- Roy Spence, chairman and CEO of GSD&M Idea City, a leading national marketing communications and advertising company;
- Kem Meyer, former corporate spin doctor, who now leads the communications team at Granger Community Church;
- Steven Furtick, the Lead Pastor of Elevation Church in Charlotte, North Carolina;
- Les T. Csorba, a Partner with Heidrick & Struggles
- Courtney Spence, CEO of Students of the World, a ministry that enables college students to tell and share stories of positive change around the world;
- Steve Price, Vice President, Human Resources for Dell’s Global Consumer Business; and
- Mac Richard, the founding and Senior Pastor of Lake Hills Church in Austin, TX, the sponsor of the Spur Leadership Conference.
It’s not just the incredible line up that has me excited about Spur Leadership; it’s the heart behind the vision. I have watched Mac Richard’s ministry for seventeen years, and I know he has the desire to encourage and invigorate leaders to succeed. This is more than a conference, this is a leadership movement.
I will be there and hope to see you there as well!