In case you didn’t know, today the labor agreement between NFL owners and players expires. If a new deal is not agreed upon today, there is a high probability that all or some of the 2011 NFL season will be missed. To read more about this, click here.
I’m a life-long football fan, but here are some reasons I want the NFL to strike this Fall:
1. So there will be more touch football games at the park.
2. So a church service can go past noon without football fans getting antsy.
4. So Fantasy Football players can discover there was another reason for the creation of the internet.
5. To see less 35 plus year old men wearing the jerseys of 23 year old athletes.
6. To give Thanksgiving more meaning
8. To take away the advertising platform for Budweiser, Miller Light, Coors and Godaddy.com
9. To avoid the terrible pop culture cross-over concerts on Opening Weekend, Thanksgiving and the Super Bowl.
10. To help all of us football fans to remember that there is more depth to life than a silly football game.