1. Beth led a sweet, but powerful worship set. “Let Hope Arise.”
2. My Mom is in town from Texas. Eating lunch together with the family brought back great Sunday memories from when she lived here from 2006 – 2010.
3. I spent some time with some veterans at the Sumner County Veterans Home. What a great group of men! I’m so impressed with the hard work of Ellen Spaulding, Hollie Robinson, Brinda Fuller and the rest of the team who feed these men each month through our Compassion Ministries.
4. Beth made killer sausage croissants for our 242 Group. The food was exquisite, and the sense of community was even richer.
5. The Titans won! Vince who?
6. Speaking of football, the team of 9 and 10 year old boys I coach have won 2 games in a row! I’m so proud of my son Luke. That win didn’t happen on Sunday (since the game was Saturday), but it made me happy any way.
7. Our 242 Groups had great dialogue about compassion this weekend. I believe God did a deep work in people through this weekend’s theme on compassion.
8. We launched our first appeal for donations towards an upgrade in our sound system and new furniture for the lobby. We need a face lift in technology and style. You can donate on-line at www.thechurchatindianlake.com.
9. We had our first meeting about VBS 2012. Chip and Gayla Johnson are now our VBS Directors. VBS will be July 16-19, 2012.
10. I love what God is doing at CIL. He’s building something special!