1. My daughter Abbey turns 12 today. She is an amazing young lady, who loves God and people. I couldn’t be more proud of who God has made her.
2. We had a great first meeting about VBS, under the leadership of Chip Johnson. Chip brings great passion and leadership to this ministry. It’s going to be a great outreach this summer (July 16-19).
3. The Texas Rangers are off to a smoking-hot start to the season. They are 13-3 so far!
4. We have a great sign-up of teenagers for our “Getaway” Youth Beach Camp this June 1-4. We’re going to have a record attendance this summer, and I’m expecting God to do great things!
5. I’ve been encouraged by a lot of people regarding the series “Your Questions, His Answers.” Most people seem to enjoy this difficult subjects. God’s grace has been among us.
6. Our vision meeting for children’s ministry was outstanding on Sunday night! We have a great trio of leaders for children’s ministry in DeAnna Powell, Deborah Jackson and Greg Wilson. You’ll be hearing more about this soon.
7. It’s neat to feel the excitement of Nashville over the Predators. Stanley Cup here we come! (hopefully).
8. I look forward to teaching more about the manifestations of the Spirit as found in 1 Corinthians 12 this Wednesday.