I love seeing people reading the Bible, and there isn’t a better tool in this digital age than You Version, which our friends at Lifechurch.tv has so generously created and shared with the Body of Christ.
Here is a recent posting from You Version that shows you some on-line options for reading your Bible this year:
Happy 2013! Each new year offers a great time of refreshing: setting goals for our lives, and choosing to make positive changes. It’s also the perfect time for getting back into the Bible, or even for getting into it for the first time.
YouVersion’s ready to help you lock in that daily habit of time in God’s Word, offering several plans — some new, some proven favorites. Find the one that’s right for you:
New Plans Just Added:
- NIV Once-A-Day With six new devotionals, make the Bible a daily habit as you read short devotionals that fit into the pace of life. From Zondervan. various lengths
- Made to Crave: 21 Day Challenge Bridge the gap between your desire to live a healthy lifestyle and the spiritual strength you need for lasting change. >From Lysa TerKeurst. 21 days
- God’s Glory and Your Purpose: Devotions with John Piper In this five-day video devotional, John Piper explains what the Bible teaches about the glory of God, and how it impacts our daily lives. From Desiring God. 5 days
Tried and True Plans:
- The One Year® Bible The most popular plan on YouVersion, experience the joy of reading the entire Bible with as little as 15 minutes of reading each day. From Tyndale. 1 year
- The Essential 100 A favorite around the world, the E100 guides you through 50 Old Testament and 50 New Testament passages, helping you see the big picture of God’s Word. From Scripture Union. 100 days
- Soul Detox Use this plan to identify what’s been chipping away at your soul, and to cleanse your spirit, as you step into the person God created you to be. From LifeChurch.tv. 35 days
Of course we have hundreds more plans, and in dozens of languages. You can always check our full list of Reading Plans, and simply choose the language you’re looking for. It’s easy!