– The last two weekends, I officiated weddings for former students from my youth ministry days. Once a youth pastor, always a youth pastor. Yesterday was a beautiful wedding at the Timothy Demonbreun House in Nashville (picture above). I’ve seen weddings change in the last few years to more intimate events with formal dinners. I really enjoy weddings, as they reflect the more refined aspects of our humanity. Marriage and weddings were very important to Jesus.
– Loved our service today! Phil Stacey did a great job pointing us to Jesus during worship. I started a new message series called Yahweh Saves! These messages from the book of Isaiah have really inspired me in preparation, and I think we were all touched by the powerful words in Isaiah 26:3.
– The Men’s Ministry had a work day on Saturday at a retired couple’s home who really needed some help. Randy Roof’s leadership on this was incredible! Men love to sweat together for the glory of God! I’m so proud of these guys.
– We had a great meeting for VBS. Chip Johnson is a great leader, and I love the team that is organizing VBS. Our VBS will take place June 24-27.
– We wouldn’t be a church without 242 Groups. I met with our 242 Group leaders Sunday night, and these effective leaders are ready for another great semester of “Christian Community.” Our 242 Groups start Sunday, May 5.