1. My son Lincoln just returned from CAMP BLAST, and had a great time with other rising 3rd – 6th graders from CIL. This was the second year we did this camp, and it was a great success under the leadership of Pastor Lee and Amy Moseley. This camp was organized and led completely by CIL volunteers, and they did an outstanding job!
2. Abbey (14) and Lincoln (10) are participating in Actor Pointe Theatre Company‘s summer camp led by our very own Greg Wilson (children’s pastor). this camp culminates in a performance of Children of Eden later in the month at Godwhy.com (more details to come). I’m proud of both of them!
3. We are planning a lot this summer at CIL. Important meeting are occurring in regards to CIL Forward, VBS, children’s ministry and youth ministry. I like to plan, and the extra time I have during my summer schedule lets me do so.
4. I’ll be spending a lot of time in Jackson, TN, in late June working on my doctorate, but will not miss any Sundays.
5. Luke (12) enjoyed Beech High School’s basketball camp last week and is now spending a week in eastern Kentucky with his grandmother. He will be back to spend Father’s Day with me, and then participate in Station Camp High School’s basketball camp.
6. Despite my kid’s various activities, summer is actually a good time for us to have more meals together, and have unstructured nights at home. These nights are so valuable, so we protect them. Time with the kids is slipping away so fast.
7. I have never been so grateful for the incredible staff, elders and board members that help me lead CIL. I couldn’t be more blessed when it comes to health in our leadership team.