The Honor-A+-Teacher program was another success on Tuesday. The winning teacher was Mrs. Jolie Barrickman, a 3rd grade teacher from Nannie Berry Elementary School in Hendersonville. The teacher was nominated by Sarah Harper, one of the elementary students at CIL. Dr. Kimble, the school principal, was an enthusiastic supporter and participant in the presentation.
The $500 worth of gifts include:
– A crystal globe award
– The gifts were an 8′ x 4′ whiteboard installed in her classroom (that was the biggest item on her wish list!)
– 3 classroom learning games for the development of language and multiplication/division skills
– 6 classroom books
– Lots of colored paper and card stock paper.
– And personally, a $50 gift certificate to Hobby Lobby- she loves scrapbooking.
– $15 gift certificate to get a manicure
– Crystal desk card holder with scripture Psalms 199:66 on it
– Multiple hand sanitizers, cleansers and lotions from Bath & Bodyworks
– And chocolate! ( what woman doesn’t like chocolate!)
Partipants from CIL in the presentation included Pastor David, Pastor Kim, Lana Tracy and Matt Underwood.
We are so blessed to honor a great teacher like Mrs. Barrickman, who represents the great educators in Sumner County.