have been eventful.
– Saturday I spoke at The Blend Conference held at Christ Church in Nashville. I was really privileged to speak on the subject of “How to Influence By Believing in People.” I look forward to sharing that teaching this Wednesday at CIL.
Before I spoke at a “break out” session, Allen Jackson (see pic) of World Outreach Church did an incredible job sharing to the entire conference participants. This is the second time I have heard Allen, and I am becoming a big fan. He is a hidden treasure right in our backyard of Murfreesboro.
– Some of the best desserts of the year were at the Lifetime (Age 50 +) Cook-Out on Saturday night. Fun night!
– Gary Davidson inspired and blessed us during Sunday morning’s sermon. Gary is an incredible church planter from Ireland. We were honored to have him in, and I know everyone enjoyed him.
– We launched our 242 Groups Sunday night with great success! Our groups were full, and newcomers to the church were in every group. I know that participation in these groups will be the key to our growth this fall.
– One of my heroes, Earl Blythe passed away on Friday at age 99. Brother Blythe influenced me greatly as a young minister. He was a retired minister who served on staff with me at Cornerstone during my first staff position. He was a class act, and I am blessed to have known him.