For those who dare accept it, I have positive news. I recognize that media outlets and religious leaders are stoking fear, distrust, and hidden conspiracies. While that is one lens to see the world, there is another perspective I want to suggest. Good things are happening during our lifetime!
- Diseases are being cured.
- Life expectancy is increasing.
- Roe vs. Wade is on the verge of being overturned.
- Unemployment is at a record low.
- Religious liberty has been widely upheld in the courts.
- The federal government supported churches and religious institutions with the PPP of 2020 and 2021.
- Home values are increasing.
- Mass gatherings are occurring without required masks.
- So far, America is not being drawn into foreign wars.
Now, there are many things I am concerned about – medical ethics, inflation, the value of the dollar, a porous southern border, affordable housing, health care access, the misuse of executive orders, and federal overreach – to name a few. There is much concern, but there are also reasons to give thanks.
The world is falling apart. The world is advancing.
You can choose either tune to be the soundtrack of your life. Scripture teaches us that sin and evil are present in this world and increasing in many. Yet, Scripture teaches God’s victory over sin, and He is redeeming the world for His purposes through the church.
Try positivity – you may like it!